This planet can be a paradise, if we just use our intelligence. It takes purpose and discipline to use our intelligance, but it's worth it. ~ Edward Wilson
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead
Can the world work for all mankind? Buckminster Fuller says Yes.
Whether you believe in human-made global warming or not, we surely can agree that a world with less pollution is a worthy goal. ~Land Wilson
Demand what is rightfully yours - clean water, land, and air. ~ Land Wilson
More of my thoughts on protecting Earth at:
"Grow Plants" By Land Wilson
“The word "miracle" aptly describes a seed.” ~ Jack Kramer
It’s true! Not only are seeds a miracle, but growing your own plants can be fun and it helps the earth. Plants make oxygen for us to breath and they help us by absorbing pollution and carbon dioxide from the air.
It is easy to buy seeds at your local nursery. There are so many different kinds of seeds to grow. You can grow flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables. You can even grow your own tree!
I love planting bean seeds. They grow fast and produce beautiful flowers, bright green leaves and unique bean pods. Opening a bean pod is fun. It is like opening a little present and the gift inside are more beans. The beans can be planted or played with or cooked for eating.
1. Cut a piece of cotton rag 2 inches by 6 inches. Moisten it with water.
2. Fold the cotton and place it inside a glass jar that has a lid.
3. Place seed(s) on top of moistened cotton inside the jar.
4. Close the jar and place it in front of a window with lots of light.
5. Seeds should germinate after a week. After two weeks, the seeds can be planted in a garden or a flowerpot. Place the seed in a hole in your soil so the green stem remains above soil. The white roots should face downwards. Cover seed with soil, water and observe.
6. For fun, kids can measure the growth of their plants with a ruler. They can also track the growth and record it on chart paper.
“Think small. Planting tiny seeds in the small space given you can change the whole world or at the very least, your view of it.” ~ Linus Mundy